Monday May 17 7:00pm Online
This year’s annual meeting will be held virtually! Join us from the comfort of your home on Monday May 17 at 7:00pm. Register to attend here and you will be sent the meeting link. We encourage you to register even if you’re unsure if you’ll be able to attend so we can send you the link.
- City Charter Commission overview on process and potential ballot measures for 2021
- An opportunity to connect with your neighbors
- Ward 11 City Council candidate introductions
- Updates on our work over the past year and plans for 2021
- Board member elections (see below about joining the board)
Note: An earlier agenda included a plan to have the Minneapolis Park Board provide updates related to homeless encampments in the parks. They declined our invitation due to two pending lawsuits.
Join the Board
If you care about your neighborhood, we could really use your help. The work of the neighborhood association isn’t possible without the volunteers who serve on our board and committees.
As a board member you will…
- Serve with a dynamic, enthusiastic, and committed group of volunteers and staff
- Connect more tightly with our neighborhood
- Develop new skills while providing valuable direction to our organization
- Shape the future of our community
As a board member, you would attend monthly meetings, make decisions on how resources should be spent, advocate for issues that impact Tangletown, and contribute to new and continuing programs and events. Get more details on joining the board and board member expectations here.
Applications are due May 16 (for inclusion in our candidate guide), but candidates are also able to self nominate at the Annual Meeting on May 17. Apply here.
We especially encourage people from underrepresented communities to serve on our board including BIPOC, renters, seniors, and people with disabilities.
Elections will take place at the Annual Meeting or by electronic vote after the meeting pending the number of candidates.
Learn more by attending our Outdoor Outreach event on May 16 at 12:00pm or contacting Sally Bauer, Executive Director at email@example.com or 612-564-3445.
Outdoor Outreach Event
We’ve had a long year of Zoom meetings, so we’re thrilled to invite you to join us at the Fuller Park picnic tables for a get to know you/us event on May 16 at 12:00pm. This is your chance to:
- Meet current board members and fellow neighbors
- Learn about the neighborhood association’s work
- Share your feedback
- Identify how you can get involved
- Go home with a tasty treat!
If you don’t feel comfortable or aren’t able to join us in person, we’d love to drop off a treat at your home, just let us know. Registration preferred here or just show up!
*Masks and distancing will be required*