Tangletown Neighborhood Association is now offering a security rebate program to assist our residents in making safety improvements to their homes and apartments. The rebate covers a variety of safety improvements listed below and will match 50% of expenses up to $500. If you spend $1000 or more on eligible expenses, your rebate would be $500, if you spend less than $1000, we will rebate 50% of eligible expenses. Funds are limited, so we encourage you to complete work as soon as possible. If you have questions about eligibility, we encourage you to contact us before you complete your work. You may contact us at 612-564-3445 or email@example.com. If you are ready to submit your rebate form with attachments, you may do so here.
Residents with a household income of $75,000 or less are eligible to apply for the rebate. The property must be located in Tangletown. The neighborhood boundaries are 46th Street to the north, Interstate 35W to the east, Diamond Lake Road to the south, and Lyndale Avenue South to the west. Homeowners, renters, and property owners of multi-family properties are eligible to participate in the program. Tangletown staff are available to support renters to work with their landlord to apply. Rebates are only available for existing properties, not new construction. Businesses and commercial property owners are not eligible to participate. Each household is eligible for up to $500 per household on a first come, first served basis. The rebate form must be complete and include itemized receipts/paid invoices and photos of the completed work to be eligible. Expenses must have occurred on or after July 10, 2021.
The following expenses are approved for the rebate. If you have any questions about what expenses can be covered by the rebate, please contact us to avoid any situations where your expenses are not rebate eligible.
- Steel exterior doors, including garage access doors
- Security storm doors
- Deadbolt locks and security strike plates on exterior doors, including garage access doors
- Reinforcement of windows within 3.5 feet of a door lock with grillwork or polycarbonate
- Window or sliding door security locks or security restraints, glass break sensors, etc.
- Grillwork or glass block for basement or garage windows
- Security bars on garage windows or on windows not facing the street
- Exterior dusk-to-dawn or motion lights, including necessary wiring/electrical
- Window pins for double-hung windows and slide guards for sliding door/windows
- Alarm system: initial installation of a home security system/service (excludes monthly monitoring fees)
- Exterior and interior security camera systems, including cameras located on residence or garage
- Video doorbells
- Alley lighting
- Installation or labor performed by a non-applicant professional
- City permits required by the City of Minneapolis
The following items are not eligible for the rebate:
- Ongoing maintenance, monitoring, and operational costs of security improvements
- Bars on basement or garage windows facing the street
- Landscaping (plants, trees, flowers, gardening, sod, landscape service, etc.)
- Installation or labor performed by the applicant homeowner, tenant, or property owner
- Tools or rental charges for installation
- Batteries, light bulbs, fire extinguishers or other consumables
- Maintenance or replacement costs for security items already installed
- Any expenses incurred prior to July 10, 2021
Ready to submit your rebate?
Once you’ve completed your safety improvements, you will need to submit the rebate form along with itemized receipts/paid invoices and photos of the completed work. Submit your rebate form with attachments here. If you are having any difficulties with the online form, you may call 612-564-3445 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.