All available 2022 funds for this program have been distributed.
Tangletown Neighborhood Association offered a security rebate program to assist our residents in making safety improvements to their homes and apartments. The rebate covered a variety of safety improvements listed below and we matched 50% of expenses up to $500. The funds for this program were limited and have all been distributed, however, we may consider offering this program again if more funds become available.
Residents with a household income of $75,000 or less are eligible to apply for the rebate. The property must be located in Tangletown. The neighborhood boundaries are 46th Street to the north, Interstate 35W to the east, Diamond Lake Road to the south, and Lyndale Avenue South to the west. Homeowners, renters, and property owners of multi-family properties are eligible to participate in the program. Tangletown staff are available to support renters to work with their landlord to apply. Rebates are only available for existing properties, not new construction. Businesses and commercial property owners are not eligible to participate. Each household is eligible for up to $500 per household on a first come, first served basis. The rebate form must be complete and include itemized receipts/paid invoices and photos of the completed work to be eligible. Expenses must have occurred on or after July 10, 2021.
The following expenses are approved for the rebate. If you have any questions about what expenses can be covered by the rebate, please contact us to avoid any situations where your expenses are not rebate eligible.
- Steel exterior doors, including garage access doors
- Security storm doors
- Deadbolt locks and security strike plates on exterior doors, including garage access doors
- Reinforcement of windows within 3.5 feet of a door lock with grillwork or polycarbonate
- Window or sliding door security locks or security restraints, glass break sensors, etc.
- Grillwork or glass block for basement or garage windows
- Security bars on garage windows or on windows not facing the street
- Exterior dusk-to-dawn or motion lights, including necessary wiring/electrical
- Window pins for double-hung windows and slide guards for sliding door/windows
- Alarm system: initial installation of a home security system/service (excludes monthly monitoring fees)
- Exterior and interior security camera systems, including cameras located on residence or garage
- Video doorbells
- Alley lighting
- Installation or labor performed by a non-applicant professional
- City permits required by the City of Minneapolis
The following items are not eligible for the rebate:
- Ongoing maintenance, monitoring, and operational costs of security improvements
- Bars on basement or garage windows facing the street
- Landscaping (plants, trees, flowers, gardening, sod, landscape service, etc.)
- Installation or labor performed by the applicant homeowner, tenant, or property owner
- Tools or rental charges for installation
- Batteries, light bulbs, fire extinguishers or other consumables
- Maintenance or replacement costs for security items already installed
- Any expenses incurred prior to July 10, 2021
Ready to submit your rebate?
This rebate program has ended.