Neighbors came together for our annual Spring Spruce Up, Compost Pick Up Fundraiser and Food Drive. This year, we combined our May community activities into one fun Saturday event, Tangletown Neighborhood Day! We were set up on Saturday, May 13, from 10:00am-Noon in the Mayflower Church parking lot with free Spring Spruce Up yard and litter clean up supplies, a drop off for donations for the Joyce Uptown Foodshelf, a Compost Pick Up Fundraiser, resource tables with information for renters, radon resources, rooftop solar rebate information, and more.
Thank you to Mayflower Church Pack 187 for volunteering to help fill bags and buckets with compost for our fundraiser!
Thank You to Wise Acre Eatery, St. Paul Bagelry and Redwolf Chai for donating coffee, chai and bagels, and Diamond Lake Hardware for donating yard waste bags, to our event and supporting our neighborhood!
- Spring Spruce Up: Let’s clean up our neighborhood sidewalks, boulevards, storm drains, and community spaces together on May 13. Clean up your boulevard and sidewalk, sweep up winter sand, clean nearby storm drains, or pick up litter at our schools and parks on your own or with neighbors during a time that works for you. Let’s spruce up all of Tangletown for everyone to enjoy! Free yard waste bags and litter cleanup supplies can be picked up from 10:00am-noon at the Tangletown Neighborhood Day event (while supplies last).
- Plate-to-Garden Compost Pick Up Fundraiser: Here’s your chance to have your food scraps that you put in your green organics recycling bin, that are now compost, right in your yard! Our commercial compost site will deliver 10 yards of compost and neighbors can stock up. Bring your own fillable containers for a suggested donation of $2 per 20lbs of compost. If you don’t have a container, compostable sacks will be available for $1 each. First come, first served.
- May Food Drive: Tangletown neighbors have donated over 3,000 pounds of food to Joyce Uptown Foodshelf. This year, let’s collect even more food and essentials for those in need! Donations of shelf-stable food and personal care essentials can be dropped off at Neighborhood Day in the Mayflower Church parking lot on May 13 from 10am-noon or you can sign up to have your donations picked up by a volunteer on May 21. Registration deadline to have your donation picked up is May 18.
- In addition to food, the greatest needs are for the following essentials: diapers/wipes, toothbrushes/paste, tampons/pads
- If you prefer, you may make a financial contribution on the Joyce Uptown Foodshelf website: joyceuptownfoodshelf.org where you can also find a link to volunteer at the food shelf.
- If you are experiencing food scarcity and need access to food at the Joyce Uptown Foodshelf, call 612-825-4431 to schedule an appointment.
- Interested in volunteering to help with the Tangletown Food Drive donation pick ups? Sign up to volunteer here.