TANGLETOWN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
REGULAR BOARD MEETING MINUTES (FINAL)
Monday, June 20, 2011 7:00 p.m., Fuller Park
Board members present: Mary Jane Mitchell – President, Tjody DeVaal, Carolyn Dungan, Jane Elias, Ryan Fisher, April Heers, Jeff Gears, Tony Proell – Vice President, Andrea Siegel, Lynell Voigt.
Also present: Carole Anderson, Park Director, Sarah Lobley (Dance Tonight), Jodi Sandberg (Little Bird on Grand), Rhea Sullivan
1. Meeting was called to order at 7:03 p.m.
2. May meeting minutes were approved without change.
3. Treasurer’s Report – Ryan Fisher reported that garage sale expenses were $670.00. The check for the sandwich board signs was written from TNA funds, but we could reallocate funds from NRP. Other expenses were food-related.
4. Legislative/Council Member Updates – None present.
5. Officer Elections: The following slate of officers were elected for the 2011-2012 year:
Treasurer – Ryan Fisher
Secretary – Carolyn Dungan
Vice President – Tony Proell
President – Mary Jane Mitchell
6. Annual Meeting Recap – The following comments and suggestions were made about last month’s annual meeting:
Rhea will draft a new roster for the 2011-12 Board of Directors, which will include our brand new Board members, Andrea Siegel and Janine Allison.
7. NRP Subcommittee Report – Ryan reported on the NRP meeting that was held June 13, 2011. Tom Balcom, Jane Elias, Ryan Fisher and Rhea Sullivan attended.
Jodi Sandberg from the new shop Little Bird on Grand (located at 46th & Grand) expressed concern because someone told her “Businesses don’t ever make it on this corner.” She is wondering if there is a way to draw people to businesses in this area. Jane Elias mentioned her “Spotlight on 48th & Nicollet.” She organized three events and had sidewalk sales. Jodi expressed interested in the TNA Exterior Improvement program
8. Fourth of July Event planning
Steve has reserved two generators.
9. Nice Ride – Rhea will take this off the agenda. Nothing further to report at this time.
10. Bike Racks – Tony Proell explained that the City of Minneapolis had a bike rack program for businesses that would pay half of the cost of a bike rack. The lowest price for a bike rack is $200. We could talk about bike racks in our NRP subcommittee.
11. Committee for the Arts – Reported under NRP.
12. Home & Garden Tour – Mary Jane asked if anyone was interested in chairing a Home & Garden Tour. Tjody DeVaal suggested a possible Art Fair this year instead of the tour. We might also consider the “Taste of Tangletown.” Tony suggested “Tangletown Days” – Partner with Tangletown businesses to block off Nicollet and have food and activities from Tangletown businesses. Sarah Lobley and Jodi Sandberg expressed interest in helping with this. Could consider doing an event like that in the large parking lot on the corner of W. 46th St.
11. Fuller Park Update – Carole highlighted the MPRB Summer Guide, which includes movies, festivals, etc. The July 4th event is the big event for the park this month.
12. C&K Food & Fuel – The board received a letter asking for help from C&K Food & Fuel. We are going to encourage them to apply for the Exterior Enhancement Program. They may also want to apply for a mural.
13. The meeting adjourned at 8:51 p.m.