TANGLETOWN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
REGULAR BOARD MEETING MINUTES (DRAFT)
Monday, July 18, 2011 7:00 p.m., Simply Jane Studio
Board members present: Mary Jane Mitchell – President, Ryan Fisher – Treasurer, Carolyn Dungan – Secretary, Janine Allison, Steve Bieringer, Tjody DeVaal, Jane Elias, Jeff Gears, April Heers, Andrea Siegel, Lynell Voigt.
Also present: Rhea Sullivan – Coordinator, Dan Fearn
1. Meeting was called to order at 7:09 p.m.
2. June meeting minutes were approved with one change – Let’s Dance Tonight has been renamed Dance Tonight.
3. Treasurer’s Report – Ryan Fisher reported that the total income from the Fourth of July event is $5214.15. To date the expenses for the 4th of July event total $3,552.65 of which $994.97 was drawn from the NRP funds. The remainder was drawn from TNA funds, but we could reallocate funds from NRP for these expenses in the future.
4. Council Member Updates – None present.
5. Fourth of July subcommittee – The debrief of the fourth of July event will be held on Thursday, July 21 at Simply Jane Studio. Ryan encouraged all board members to provide their comments either at the debrief meeting or by sending an email to either Ryan or Rhea. Rhea will send an email to all of the event volunteers inviting them to the debrief meeting. Tjody requested that anyone with photos of the event send their best pictures to her and the top twenty will be posted on the TNA website.
6. NRP Subcommittee Report – Ryan reported that the subcommittee will meet next on Monday, August 8th at Fuller Park at 7:30 p.m. Jane suggested that the Business Façade matching grant information be placed on the TNA website and be more visible so that we can direct business to go to the site for information and an application.
7. Committee for the Arts – A reminder was issued about the Color Wheel Block Party that will be held in the parking lot at 48th and Grand on Sunday, August 14th from noon to 8pm. Tjody and Jane plan on setting up a booth at the event for Tangletown artists.
8. Dog Park – Rhea reported that Tony has attended the Sixth District Dog Park Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC) meetings. At the last meeting the committee decided on three potential sites – two different sites at Lyndale Farmstead -Kings Highway and 39th St W (south of the Operations Center wall along Kings Highway) and SSOC Parking Lot – and one along Minnehaha Creek east of Pleasant Avenue. Fuller Park is no longer in the running. The next CAC meeting is scheduled for July 25 at 6:30 p.m. at Lynnhurst Recreation Center, 1345 W Minnehaha Parkway and is open to the public.
9. Home & Garden Tour – Mary Jane reported that we currently have no one to head up this committee and that in general it is a challenge finding people to join the TNA committees. The board agreed that it is too late in the year to organize a fall Home Tour. Lynell noted that in prior years it’s been difficult to get homeowners to participate and that the event entails a large amount of planning and effort for the money that it makes. In previous years the event has netted approximately $500.
10. Halloween Event subcommittee – A new subcommittee was formed to plan a Halloween Event this year. Dan Fearn, Tjoyd DeVaal and Jeff Gears offered to be on the subcommittee. It was suggested that the event involve a tour of homes/yards that are decorated for Halloween and possibly a contest that neighborhood residents could enter for the best decorations. Mary Jane suggested a prize could be a framed photograph of the decorated home.
11. National Night Out – This year the event is on Tuesday, August 2nd. A permit to close a street is free through 7/19 after which there may be a fee associated. Rhea will send an addendum to the July enews to the residents on our email list to encourage participation in NNO and provide a link to the NNO site. Included in the email will be a reminder of the next Dog Park meeting on July 25th.
12. Board Roster – Rhea put together a roster of the TNA board members. The roster was passed around for members to verify their contact information. Rhea will maintain the roster and add names and contact information as requested.
13. The meeting adjourned at 8:03 p.m.
Note: The Treasurer’s Report has been revised since the minutes were first uploaded. 7/21/2011