Tangletown Neighborhood Association
Regular Meeting, July 20, 2008
1. Ryan Fisher called the meeting to order at 7:05 PM.
2. The agenda was approved.
3. The minutes of the June meeting were approved.
4. Amy Lavender, our new Crime Prevention Specialist gave a crime and safety update. She said that there are not many crimes in our neighborhood. Most crimes are burglaries. People need to remember to close their garages. There is a Fifth Precinct Project to get residents to do a home inventory and keep in a safe place. She also is willing to come to your home and do a safety check. She can be reached at 612-673-5407 or email@example.com.
5. Steve Johnson from Steve’s Tire and Auto advised the board of plans to build a tire and auto repair at 46th and Nicollet. He provided drawings. He plans to begin construction mid-September. Several neighbors came to the meeting to support the plan. An announcement is now posted at the site, and drawings are available for neighbors who want more information. He would like approval from the board. The board asked that it have more input from the neighbors before making its decision. Since Steve is going to an August 4th meeting with the planning commission, we need feedback by August 1, so that we can decide (by email).
6. Discussion of 4th of July. The gathering was a success, but, as always, the hard part is getting volunteers to help. Since the treasurer was absent, the financial results were unavailable.
7. The Tangletown Home Tour is September 28th from 1-5 PM. We are still in need of one more home for the tour. Meredith will begin looking for volunteers to sell tickets and host very soon.
8. Norman asked that material for the newsletter be in by August 25.
9. Tom Balcom is out of town, so there will be an update on NRP at the August meeting.
10. We will review the Bylaws online and be prepared to discuss them at the August meeting.
11. A motion was made, seconded and approved that we purchase two sandwich boards to share with the park (and store at the park).
12. The meeting was adjourned at 8:10 PM.
Present: Ryan Fisher, Sarah Cortwright, Chris Burns, Woody Dixon, and Mary Davidson
Absent: Jerry Doyle, Mary Jane Mitchell, and Curt Killett