Tangletown Neighborhood Association
Regular Meeting, Monday, January 15, 2007
1. Call to Order.
2. Approval of Agenda. Agenda moved and approved.
3. Approval of Minutes. Minutes moved and approved.
4. Presentation by Brian Kelley, Director of All About FamilyMr. Kelley talked about the activities of All About Family in partnering with lots of groups in the city, engaging kids and families in arts, entrepreneurship and architecture-related projects. Neighborhood groups can consider investing some NRP funds into materials for projects (past examples include a LEGO version of the Split Rock Lighthouse). A current project in St Paul is building a church from Fergus Falls and learn about the history of the church at the same time. An idea for Tangletown could be to build a model of the Water Tower. The cost for an event would be about $150 for materials. A number of restaurants and local businesses already sponsor the program. More information is available at http://www.allaboutfam.com The program is aimed at below high school age and requires both kids and parents to be involved. Steve Edwards moved that the NRP committee examine the potential for holding an event like this in the neighborhood. Seconded and passed.
5. NRP report. Tom Balcom reported that two Phase 2 meetings were held in November and another last week. The focus in Phase 2 is on housing. More members of the committee are still welcome and volunteers should contact Tom. The next meeting will include representatives from the City departments such as parks to discuss their five-year plans. The Phase 2 plan will be drafted in February and March. NRP Phase 2 will end in 2009. There will be a few fairs in March that focus on Home Improvement and Energy Conservation that could be a good place to let people know about Tangletown’s NRP Phase 2. Tom is also meeting with a group of other NRP coordinators.
6. NRP survey. The city’s NRP program has sent out a survey for some Tom will confer with Peg Mountin at the next NRP meeting and report back to the President.
7. Treasurer’s Report. Current balance in the main account is $6,139.48.
8. Open Matters – Board Members or Members of Tangletown
Attendance: Sarah Cortright, Mary Davidson, Steve Edwards, Ryan Fisher, Norman Foster, Andrew Hedden, Joe Thiegs, Supat Tipayamongkol
Other: Tom Balcom, Brian Kelley
Not present: Laura Silver (apologies sent), Jerry Doyle, Meredith Johnson
Approved at Feb 2007 Board meeting