February 2014

2014 February 17 TNA Board Meeting Minutes
BOARD MEETING MINUTES – Monday, February 17, 2014 7:00 p.m., Fuller Park
1. Call to Order
2. Organic composting drop-off site update – Lauren Anderson. We had a surprise from Hennepin County who said that if the city is not going to expand HERC, then the city must reduce waste. Our position right now is to wait and see what the city decides. Pearl Park is a “go” as a drop-off site. Others are still being evaluated. We may need to provide volunteers to work at the drop-off sites.

Green Day is Saturday, April 12 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at Fuller Park. Many activities and presentations are scheduled.

3. Playground and pool shades. TNA has committed $15,000 to pool shades. We need to decide from where we want to take these funds. Ryan will ask Jack for recommendation. We will post that recommendation on our website 21 days prior to our March 17 meeting. We’re not sure when these will go in yet – depends on scheduling of park remodel.

The first of the playground planning meetings is tomorrow (2/18) from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at Fuller Park. There is a project website where people can comment. Subsequent meetings are March 18 and sometime in mid-April.

4. Garage Sale Steve Bieringer and Eric David will head this up this year. It was decided to stay with the first weekend in May this year, despite requests to move it to later.

5. Newsletter Deadline for articles is Monday, March 17 (the day of our next meeting). Suggested articles: garage sale, Green Day, new businesses, history from Tom Balcom, organic recycling, bike racks, new restaurant, playground, 4th of July, annual meeting

6. Annual Meeting Andrea Siegel and Jane Elias will coordinate this event.

7. Electronic Voting Ryan will put this issue on the website. Suggestions were that it be limited to non-controversial issues and that any voting must be unanimous to be valid. We’ll look at the by-laws to determine what a quorum is for our board.

8. Building Façade Grant Program Sandra and Mary Jane will contact Rebecca Parrell about adding $10,000 to the existing contract.

9. Mural Program. There was continued discussion about finding a business who would like to have a mural.

10. WHS Urban Farm We need to find out the status of the $1,000 that we donated last year to this project.

11. Movement to change 70/30 rule governing liquor sales in Mpls restaurants Matt Perry discussed the history of this rule and two others which may be removed from the city’s charter and put into an ordinance. He passed around a petition to this effect.

12. Adjournment.
Mary Jane Mitchell, substituting for Carolyn Dungan, TNA Secretary