PLEASE NOTE: Our rebate program will be ending on April 30, 2022, so make sure to take advantage and get your work done soon to qualify!
Please take advantage of our amazing rebate to install insulation in your Tangletown home! We are doubling, yes, DOUBLING the CenterPoint rebate which means you can get up to $1,500 back when you make insulation improvements to your home. With 0% financing available from the city plus the savings on your monthly utility bill, this is a deal you shouldn’t pass up.
Why Should I Install Insulation?
- It will save you money on your utility bills. Wall insulation has an average savings of 14% on your natural gas bill. If your home falls within close to the average, the cost of the insulation could pay for itself within 10-15 years. (data from energystar.gov)
- Remember all those ice dams last winter? Good insulation helps prevent destructive ice dams.
- Are you constantly cold in your home all winter long? Baking in the summer? Insulation and air sealing makes your home more comfortable by reducing drafts in the winter and blocking the sun’s heat in the summer.
- It will add value to your property. Time of Sale/Rent Energy Disclosures are beginning to go into effect. This means each buyer or renter will know how efficient or inefficient your home or rental really is:
- New in 2020, energy efficiency characteristics are now included in the already-required Truth in Sale of Housing report. This covers information on the home’s insulation, heating system and windows.
- For rental properties beginning in 2021, at the time of rent for residential buildings, owners will be required to disclose average energy cost per square foot.
- It helps reduce greenhouse gases. By improving your home’s efficiency, you use less energy and are part of the solution to our global climate crisis.
How do I get the rebate?
Step 1: Highly recommended, but not required: Complete a Home Energy Squad visit. The cost is $100 (and can be FREE if you income qualify). The visit is a $600 value and can include a variety of improvements including weather stripping, LED light bulbs, a programmable thermostat, and more. During your visit, your Home Energy Advisor will make recommendations for what insulation/air sealing work may be needed (among other recommendations) and give you a quote for the work that day!
If you are ready to schedule your Home Energy Squad visit, call 651-328-6220 or click here. Please note: your scheduled visit may be a couple months out, don’t let that stop you!
Step 2: Complete insulation and/or air sealing work via a CenterPoint Rebate Eligible Installer.
Step 3: Complete CenterPoint Energy Rebate process (this is most often completed by your contractor). Any Tangletown property that qualifies for the CenterPoint rebate on insulation and air sealing also qualifies for our rebate match.
Step 4: Provide a copy of your CenterPoint rebate check and invoice for your completed work to Tangletown Neighborhood Association and we’ll send you your rebate match of up to $500!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your rebate check and an invoice for the work completed.
- Mail a copy of your rebate check and invoice for the work to: Tangletown Neighborhood Association PO Box 19347, Minneapolis, MN 55419.
Upon receipt, you can expect a check in the mail within 2 weeks.
CenterPoint Energy offers qualifying customers a rebate for insulation and air sealing work— 30% of the cost of the project up to $500. This can apply to both your attic and wall spaces, meaning you can earn up to $1,000 in rebates when you insulate your attic and walls. The Tangletown Neighborhood Association will match your rebate offering 30% of the cost of the project up to $500 total. Combined, that’s $1,500 worth of rebates when you insulate your home! There are limited funds available, so don’t delay! Don’t forget to also explore the City of Minneapolis program for 0% financing for your project at mncee.org/services/financing/mpls/
Did you know?
- In Minneapolis around 80% of homes are inadequately insulated, and about 25% of Minneapolis homes have no wall insulation. Adding insulation when there is zero in the walls secures huge savings for a homeowner.
- Insulating and air sealing is the most common recommendation given to Minneapolis homeowners during their Home Energy Squad visit, so there is a good chance your home could benefit from insulation work, too!
- In Minnesota, heating and cooling represents 60% of an average single family home’s utility bill. This means upgrades related to heating and cooling provide significant opportunities to reduce the energy we consume, as well as to lower our bills.
- Insulation prices can vary significantly, as most of the cost is driven by the size and unique dynamics of your home. CEE regularly sees wall insulation costs range from $1,500 to $4,000 and attic insulation and air sealing ranging from $1,000-$4,500.
Data from Center for Energy and Environment: mncee.org