Sunday August 15 (Rain date August 21)
10:00am-Noon at Fuller Park
Join us at Fuller Park (4802 Grand Ave So, Minneapolis) for our two part event aimed at reducing textile waste. Participate in our clothing swap emptying your drawers of unwanted items and finding gems in other people’s unwanted items while learning and gaining resources from our organizations and businesses who will be tabling. If you’d like to volunteer to help make the event a reality, sign up here. See below for more details:
Bring clothing items you no longer want or need (in clean, wearable condition -something you would give to a friend) to share in our swap then “shop” the items others have brought. No need to bring items to take items, so feel free to come and shop the swap no matter what! Mens, womens, and kids clothing of all sizes to be included. If bringing donations, please start at the check in table.
- Limit of 10 items per person to donate; no restriction on the number of items you can leave with
- Only clothing in good condition – no stains or holes; not worn out – only bring if you would gift it to a friend
- No undergarments
- No socks
- No adult sized pajamas
- No workout clothing/yoga pants
- No clothing with embroidered or screen printed personalization (ie. team sweatshirts)
- No housewares, bedding, linens or toys
Textile Reduce & Reuse Fair
A variety of organizations and local businesses focused around textile use/waste/reuse will be available for people to engage with, gain knowledge and skills, shop products, donate textiles for reuse, and more. Fair participants will be announced in the coming weeks.