Tangletown’s Equity Committee hosted an online educational event, Beyond Land Acknowledgement, with a presentation and discussion led by the Native Governance Center on February 9, 2023.
At this event, we considered moving beyond the focus on land acknowledgment verbiage, to the all-important action steps for supporting Indigenous communities. Attendees learned about researching and creating an action plan to give meaning to the words in a land acknowledgment.
Want to learn more? Additional resources provided by the Native Governance Center:
- Beyond Land Acknowledgment online guide
- Beyond Land Acknowledgment explainer video
- Beyond Land Acknowledgment NGC event recording (August 2021)
- Indian Land Tenure Foundation Case Study
- CNN piece on Beyond Land Acknowledgment featuring NGC
Support the work of the Native Governance Center by donating online.